Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Redfish Lake

My favorite time of year has come and gone. I am amazed how time seems to be moving these days...

Nestled in the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho is one of my favorite places...Redfish Lake. The pictures don't do it justice, and I can't help but think this place was patterned after heaven itself. For some reason I feel such peace - possibly the lack of cell/internet service is the cause, but whatever it is, it is a special place to me.

We congregate together once a year with the never boring extended Falk Family in this beautiful place. We rent several cabins to fit the family. I remember my first year – being warned by all that it could get a little crazy…I found them to be just the opposite. Between the brother and Grandpa Jack playing hearts, soaking up the views at the lodge, eating, listening to the live music, playing in the Lake, campfires with smores, boat rides, white water rafting, eating, an awards ceremony, chasing around mice, hiking, dodging pranks, checking out the fish hatchery and eating some more - we have a lot of fun to say the least.
All are different; each makes the family diverse in many ways. Between lifestyles, faiths, opinions are more – this family is very colorful…but amidst all of the differences, there are a couple of things that remain very clear: they love each other and are proud to be called family.

We always go Wednesday-to-Sunday and by the last day, most are ready to roll home…not me. I try to drag things out as long as possible. It makes me sad to think another year must go by before I can get back there…it is my Christmas in July.

Here are some of the scenic views I took... ahhh I love it...

The road to Redfish...


The turn off right before the resort...


Snake river outside of Stanley, ID...


The most perfect fence along the Snake River - just outside of Stanley, ID...


Redfish Creek - just before it meets the Snake River...


Redfish Lodge...


Fun boats to rent...


The dock - so beautiful!


Redfish Creek...so peaceful...


Redfish Creek...another view...


The scenic walk behind the cabins...


I love this log! It has been there for years and is beautiful...


Love these mountians...




Some pictures of the family and our adventures will be up later today (crossing my fingers).

Post #20 - My little slice of Heaven.

4 comments:

  1. There really is a lot of beauty in Idaho isn't there. Lovely pic's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i so want to go there! you and lisa talking about it have convinced me enough to try and talk my whole family into visiting next year. it does look so pretty and such a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete