Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello Bloggy-blog World!!!

Hello Bloggy-blog world! I said this day would never come – but I also believed that Santa was real at one point in my life – thus some things change…

My name is Michelle. I am the mother of Mason and Brightyn, wife of Chris. I love dance - it's something that is in my blood. I am a "retired" high school drill team/cheerleading coach. Although it is something that I LOVE, my kids are growing up WAY too fast to be away from them so much (and I miss my smokin' hot husband too).

We live in Utah (aka ZION) and YES - We. Are. Mormons. That's right! We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - and to be clear - that means I. Love. Jesus. I am the only wife that my husband has and NO - I have not been brainwashed nor do I have horns... I am just a normal human being and a proud Christian (The term *normal* could be debatable).

Although I have beliefs I live my life by, I don't feel like it is my place to judge others. I have learned from personal experience that you never know where someone has come from - or where they will go and frankly - I make too many mistakes in my own life that I need to worry about. I don't really have the time to focus on the mistakes or choices of others... even if they do love Obama. :-) Every person in this world is someone’s child and I will always strive to treat people the way I want my children to be treated...sappy I know.

I cry during sappy TV shows (like Biggest Loser), commercials (like any Make a Wish Foundation ads) and movies (think Titanic and The Notebook). I cry when I read books (like Twilight), Newspaper articles (anything concerning kids and sickness) and Blogs (love Taylie and Hayley). So pretty much - I cry a lot.

I love me some food! Almost everything that isn't seafood will work. I have learned to love cooking and baking. *Mom - stop laughing* - it's true. I love to try new recipes and cook dinner for the family. I have no sense of portion control so I tend to make dinner to feed 20 but HEY - we have a lot of leftovers for lunch - and breakfast if you feel like it!

Anyone who has known me for a long time may faint when I say this but... being a Mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me! WHERE IS THE SMELLING SALT?! That's right - I adore my kids. As they get older - the more I want to be around them, play with them and cherish every single second I have with them...maybe to a fault sometimes. I can see why people have 10 kids (although I will not be one of them). They teach me so much every single day and there is nothing better than a hug and a kiss from them or spending the entire day being with them! I am so happy my sweet husband agrees to take care of us so that I can stay home!

I also love me some music! I like almost anything you can think of besides hard rap and heavy metal. Right now Mason and I love the GLEE soundtracks and we dance and sing to them at the top of our lungs in the car and while making dinner. We have frequent dance parties and even Brightyn loves to shake it! I am a concert junkie and love live music! I am the one you see dancing and singing with my Diet Coke in hand - Woot - I live on the wild and crazy side!

So, in a nutshell - I love my life. I have been blessed in so many different ways and have seen too many miracles to deny that God lives and that he loves me (and you too). I play hard and love to sleep after! I love being with my family, out with my friends or working with my girls who keep me in style and young...I am going to miss the heads up when what I am wearing is SO CUTE or TOTALLY OUT...crap.

I hope you enjoy hearing about our adventures...I hope I will actually update this thing...I hope that you comment on my posts with wonderful things to say! :-)

That’s it. First post down!

12 comments:

  1. look at you!!! :) yaay for a blog. loved your first post! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! You will get addicted fast, I asure you! Great first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Michelle! Check out my blog also... :) troyandjeanettecox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I am excited to read about your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Don't worry about what "blog people" do. Just do your own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I, too, hope that you update your blog. I'm excited to see what you're up to in more detail. I have a blog too if you'd like to check it out: kyleeandbrody.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!

    If you keep blogging you should get one of those feedjit things that logs where in the world people who check your blog are coming from. My SIL has one, and although she lives in NV it's amazing to see where the people who check her blog live. It's pretty cool, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lady, funny seeing you here... Love you guys and cant wait to see all that your up to, because you know we live so far apart and never do anything together. Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wahoo. your first post blows everyone elses out of the water!
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to start your blog. I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete