Friday, April 16, 2010

It's a Miracle

Okay friends, this week has been a weird one. I have been a bit of a mess because there are so many heartbreaking things going in – most of them due to cancer…I hate Cancer! Do you ever feel like it is around every corner you turn?! For me, it doesn’t really matter if it is someone close to me, an acquaintance or a complete stranger…it sucks…I hate it…I cry…and cry…and cry… Shocking, I know.

So last night I wasn’t feeling so hot, I was a bit sad and just…blah. I went walking down my hallway and there it was! Something I have seen hundreds of times now – something I put on my wall personally but it just jumped out at me.





“Everyday holds a possibility for a Miracle”

That is a painting of Mason that one of our good friends brought us when he was in respiratory failure and the coma they had put him in. Her name is Emily Wood (she is ridiculously talented and awesome) and I cannot tell you how much it means to me. She brought it to us the day after they told us Mason would not make it though the night…and he did. It was the clearest example of a miracle I have ever experienced. When I saw the quote, I felt like this was the perfect place to put it.

For all of the sad and heartbreaking things we must go through, we have to hold onto the possibility of the miracles and the knowledge that God loves us, he knows us, and he will carry us when we can’t carry ourselves.

Sometimes things don’t seem fair and something happens that seems to put all of our plans and dreams on hold - whether it is from something you cannot control, or choices we have made…but I hope that everyone reading this has or will have a relationship with God – no matter your religion or beliefs because heaven knows I could not live without mine. He has helped me though my trials and my stupid choices (let’s just say I have kept him busy with those) and he always comes through. Sometimes I don’t realize it until after, but he does!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and you remember to look for the miracles.

Post #3 – IT’S A MIRACLE!

10 comments:

  1. You are so amazing Michelle!! I love you and think you are so strong and such a beautiful person inside and out! You just have a spirit that radiates off of you! You truly are amazing! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me cry, but only because I was thinking about all my family and friends that have gone through or are going through those kinds of fights. It is amazing the stories of miracles, and I am so glad yours is one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle you spoke my mind and heart right there! Thank-you for being you. I just love ya and I still have yet to meet you! Seems like I can't turn my head with out someone telling me or just hearing about cancer, cancer, cancer!!! I hate it like I've never hated anything before. When I look at my Taylie and your little Mason and countless others that are winning it gives me hope and a peace that those possible miracles are so ever present. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries and cries. Thank-you again for your testimony. You are a beautiful person and I am glad to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey friend. you are right...thanks for the reminder. hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such an amazing post! Really, It made me stop and think about how I run around crazy and don't take the time to stop and appreciate the little miracles. Thank you for the post. We love and admire you guys so much! You have been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog Michelle... I have one too but it is private. Email me at ashley_larsen2@hotmail.com and I will send you and invite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder. You are so strong and have such a caring way. I think that it is a hugh talent of yours. I love how you can just place yourself in someone else shoes and have complete love for them and compasion, and it doesn't matter if you know them or not. Hugh talent that if more people had the world would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad Mason is your little miracle! (Can Travis someday be my big one?)

    Love you Michelle! I hope we can play again someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post. I feel like we all have little miracles daily. If we will let yourself stop and look back on the day we can't miss them. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was such a beautiful post! Cancer does suck even if you don't know the person. I have cried many times because of Cancer, but I sure am grateful that Mason made it! He truly is a miracle and I'm glad I was able to take care of him and to get to know you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete