Friday, April 23, 2010

Idol Gives Back...and makes me cry in the process.

Truth be told, I have not been to into this AI this season. I have every episode recorded but I am sure I will never find the time to catch up, nor do I have the motivation. However, I am so so so happy that I happen to turn on the TV and see that Idol Gives Back was on Wednesday night…

We have already established that I am a tear making machine and of course this machine was in the highest gear. They always do a great job with the stories and entertainment and this year was no exception (although the Black Eyed Peas were especially horrible in my opinion).

Chris and I decided we needed to contribute and throughout the night our number kept creeping higher and higher. I am a sucker for kids in need and it is ridiculous how such a small amount of money can help in such a BIG way. People are dying because they don’t have $10.00 mosquito nets to sleep with among vaccinations that cost a few dollars. Heartbreaking. As a mother, I cannot imagine that life for my children hence…I fork over the $$$ when prompted!

There were some funny moments as well – I loved the Octomom and although I do not really care for Wanda Sykes, she was pretty humorous. So it was your typical cry – laugh – cry – laugh – cry – cry – cry – laugh – cry kind of show. Carrie Underwood is so amazing! I love her. But friends, if you missed it, feel free to come over (but be prepared for my play-by-play commentary - - - and some tears).

In a nutshell, once again I am left feeling so much gratitude for my life! I feel like this blog has been SUPER serious, but I guess it is just the place I am in right now…and I am really enjoying it here I must say!

Well kiddos, prepare yourself for the longest 4th birthday post coming soon! I have one amazingly spoiled BIG BOY to brag about!

Post #4 – DONATE IF YOU CAN!!!

2 comments:

  1. I so missed it so sad :(. guess I might need your play by play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle your blog is super cute! It's sounds like Mason's birthday week was so fun! If you send me an email I'll send you an invite to ours:) -Kirsten krhoxsie12@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete