Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My baby...now BIG boy!



Today was Mason's first day of his last year in preschool...

It's weird to think that
last year at this time:

-Anyone besides Chris and I had a bit of a hard time understanding what Mason was saying
-We were having a hard time getting his asthma and allergies under control resulting in a constant cough - so sad.
-He wasn't socially up to snuff with other kids his age yet
-He knew his ABC's but didn't know how to put letters together to make words or write them


He loved school with Miss Marsha last year and couldn't wait to go back.
She is really amazing!




Going to in Preschool this year he is:


-Reading small words
-Not coughing thanks to our new pediatrician
-Counting really well to 20, can count to 100 by 10's and can add small numbers
-Writing his letters (although sometimes they are backwards) and his name
-A social butterfly (and a ladies man to boot)
-LOVING learning new things and cannot wait to go to school.



He was so excited for today, he even let me do his hair! It was a bit of a rough morning on so many levels, I am just happy we made it there!




Mason, Miss MaKel and his class in Tumbling!


Coloring with Miss Marsha


Since this is Mason's second year with Miss Marsha there weren't any tears, but I couldn't help but think where my big boy will be next year...Kindergarten.




On another note, right before I went to change Mase into his pj's and get him ready for bed - he flipped me off - and then said, "See Mom, I love you!" LOL! Then I had to help him fix his fingers as we both laughed and laughed! (Although he didn't really get what was so funny.) Then he said, "You are the best Mommy. My best friend EVER!" I think I'll keep him.



Post #28 - Mommy, WOW! I'm a big kid now!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha I litterally laughed out loud, and still am. That is so funny. He he I remember my little niece whose only a year older asking my mom, "grandma, can you do 'this'?" flipping her off:). So innocent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cruz just started preschool. It goes WAY to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so darling!!! So did you know that we are cousins!? I'm not exactly sure how but my cousin McCord Larsen brought this to my attention.... Small world.

    ReplyDelete