We started the festivities just hanging out at the house - kids jumping on the tramp - having a blast...


Then on to our annual neighborhood party we love to host! Everyone brings some treats, a few firework and their families to hang out. It was our biggest turnout yet - We think there were about 30-40 people. The guys had a blast playing with fire, the kids ran around like there was no tomorrow, the girls chatted and I think it was a great time for everyone!
BRIGHT!

MASE!

MARY AND GRANT - OUR NEIGHBORHOOD GRANDPARENTS

MY LIL BRO MIKE, SIS-IN-LAW NATALIE AND CHRIS AND VALERIE

THE BOYS - PLAYING WITH FIRE!



LAUREN AND MASE - FAST FRIENDS AND DANCING PARTNERS!

The next morning we went to the Kaysville parade - which was very long - and the candy to kid ratio was pretty bad. I remember people basically shoveling out candy at the parades when I was young! Just sayin'... We ended up leaving pretty early due to hot, exhausted kids but they still had a great time!






Then back to the house for lunch, naps, more playing on the tramp and yummy treats!

That night we went to see the Kaysville fireworks with our great friends - Adam and Katie Hawkes and fam! It was an awesome show and the kids loved the bright colors! It got a little chilly so we all snuggled! I think it is hard to watch fireworks and not feel pride for our country! I also couldn't stop thinking about the troops who are away from their families...I have an enormous amount of respect for them, their spouses and children! It takes an amazing person to make those kind of sacrifices...
Adam, Katie and kids...

OUR FUN FAMILY!

CRAZY!!!



ADAM INVENTED THIS HILARIOUS GAME...HARD TO EXPLAIN, BUT SO FUNNY!

MASON'S TOE TOUCH! AWESOME!!

And just when you thought this post was over...THERE IS MORE!!!
The next day we went to church and then ran up to Logan to stay with E and Stacie! We had a yummy BBQ and the Zollinger's (their sweet neighbors) came too and brought the funnest, gigantic blow-up gerbil ball for kids! So so so fun!










Then we did SPARKLERS! So much fun!



Okay folks - almost done!!
The next morning we went to the Hyrum parade and the candy-kid ratio was much better, but still pretty lacking! :-/ I am not sure how we manages to go to the two longest parades in the world - but we did. Maybe they have always been that long and we never noticed...if that is the case, four kids opened our eyes! :-) They were troopers though!



A few hours later we had to take the girls to their Grandparents house...and we delivered them pretty worn out! :-) We LOVED having them with us the whole weekend and Mason cried when he had to go to bed that night without his girls! :-( It was adorable, sad and touching! I am so glad they live here now! I think these four will end up being great friends!!!
Okay - so now I am totally exhausted by this particular weekend again - I need a nap!
Post #23 - I'm proud to be an American!!!







What great photos. You have such an adorable family. Im so glad you have blog now I can follow! :)
ReplyDeleteThis makes me miss home so much! I can't believe how much my Rosie looks like Brighton! Miss you guys...cute post, I like the long ones:)
ReplyDeleteThats my kind of weekend! Can I please just squeeze those kids of yours? I adore them.
ReplyDelete