Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Deep thoughts...

I was eating a favorite treat of mine – Dove milk chocolates – you know the ones with the great quotes or thoughts…I love those things! Anyway, one of the thoughts really struck me. It said, “What would you do if you couldn’t fail”…

Of course my mind went to: Cure cancer. Then to: World peace. (Perfect pageant answer) Then to: No child ever having to go hungry or suffer in any way. Then to: Becoming ridiculously rich. The list went on and on…

Then I decided that I should focus on things actually in my control. With several options at hand, I have decided I would live with NO REGRETS. I figured that would cover a lot of bases in one, and honestly, that is something very important to me…

When Mason was so sick and they told us he would not make it thought the night (then miracle of miracles, he did) I couldn’t stop thinking of everything I had missed with him. He had never seen the ocean, never been to the Zoo…regret was in every thought I had. It was honestly one of the most horrible feelings I have ever felt. So, once he was better – I decided to get proactive because I NEVER want to feel that way again. We flew to San Diego for his second birthday, played in the ocean, went to the beach and Sea World. I don’t always succeed, but if I couldn’t fail at something – that would be it…

If you couldn’t fail, what would you do?

Post #18 – NO REGRETS.

1 comment:

  1. That is a hard question!!! Now that I have my own Mason though, I am going to take your advice and try to live with no regrets!! Thanks Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete